Aquacon Water Absorbing Filter Cartridges
Remove Water and Dirt from Oils, Fuels and Gases
- Removes free and emulsified water to less than 2 ppm
- Differential pressure increase alerts operator to change
- Effectively filters silt and other particulates
- No media migration or “linting”
- Easy to install and remove
- Does not affect oil additives
- Fits standard filter housings
Aquacon® Cartridges have a patented* construction for removing dirt and water from hydrocarbon and other oils as well as gases. The outer media layer filters out silt, rust and other particulate contaminants. The inner layers absorb water and chemically bond it so that no water will release downstream.
When the Aquacon Cartridge reaches its water holding limit, the media swells shut and the differential pressure rapidly increases. This signals the operator that the cartridge must be changed.
- Hydraulic Oil
- Turbine Lube Oil
- Diesel Fuel
- Quench Oil
- Insulating Oil
- Synthetic Oil
- Maximum operating temperature is 250°F.
- Aquacon Cartridges will shut off flow when loaded with water or dirt. Appropriate precautions should be taken in critical applications where oil flow must be maintained.
- With some lube and hydraulic oils all of the water may not be removed in one pass, and extra passes will be required for total removal.
- Water capacity for the AC-718 cartridges ranges from 2 to 4 quarts.
Absorbent-type monitor cartridges will not remove water from fuel containing alcohol-blending agents (commonly called gasohol). For removal of solids, please use Velcon particle removal filters specifically made for gashol.
New types of Aquacon® Cartridges are being introduced continually.
(1) The AC-21005 will fit into many existing housings that take “string-wound” cartridges
Check to confirm that the 9 3/4” length will seat properly in the housing.
(2) The AC-5121/2E, AC-718P3, AC-7181/2 and AC-7361/2 are increased surface area/reduced water capacity cartridges specifically designed for circuit breaker oil.
TYPICAL Aquacon® CARTRIDGE CONSTRUCTION